LASIK (Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis) is a surgical procedure that uses a laser beam to reshape the cornea. Patients who are nearsighted, farsighted or astigmatic may benefit from this type of procedure.
If you’d like to say goodbye to your glasses or contact lenses, we urge you to schedule an appointment with us and see if Lasik is right for you.
LASIK surgery improves your vision by changing the shape of your cornea to more closely match that of your eye, which in turn heightens the ability to bring objects into clearer focus. We have successfully performed LASIK surgery on patients with myopia ( nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism (retinal distortion), or combinations of the three.
There are many factors that go into our decision to perform LASIK surgery, including:
- Your most recent prescription change
- Current medications you’re taking
- Your medical history, including hormonal imbalances and diseases that affect the body’s ability to heal
- The size of your pupils under certain conditions
- The condition of your corneas
- Your lifestyle, particularly involvement in contact sports
Once we’ve decided to proceed, we’ll give you all the information you need to know for each step of the procedure, as well as what to expect before and after.